Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate social responsibility is important to Heartwood. Along with our employees, we take a keen interest in our responsibility to the environment and the communities in which we operate.
What we think singles us out is a combination of factors:
- encouraging as much recycling as possible in our offices;
- reducing the amount of paper we waste by default printing, where possible, to double- sided;
- positively encouraging employees to think twice before printing emails;
- making use of video conferencing to help minimise business travel between our offices;
- limiting our energy consumption by, for example, ensuring that all our PCs automatically switch off at a certain time in the evening.
Although we receive a wide variety of requests for charitable donations, we focus on charities connected to the communities close to our offices. We sponsor at least one major employee-related charity event per annum and several of our Directors hold senior positions within charitable entities.